Monday, September 27, 2010

Time

When this project was first described ten social media sites did not seem like that much.  However, when I sat down to get started I realized that while I could think four or five right off the bat that I already participate in, getting to ten was going to be tough.  It took me awhile to choose what I wanted to join as there are just so many different options.

I was also not prepared for just how much time all of this takes.  Simply checking in regularly is overwhelming and time consuming, and that is the sites I am already was familiar with.  Starting up new accounts in five other places is taking me quite awhile.  Add to that taking the time to start figuring out how each different platform works and I am spending a lot of time in front of my computer.  I can understand why people who are not motivated to get on board with social media sites would give up - it can be overwhelming to learn how to take advantage of what is offered.  It will be interesting to see if all this time invested will be worth it in the end.  I am sure some of my choices will have more to offer than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment