Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blog - Enjoying the Small Things

I discovered this blog via an on-line forum I was browsing through.  It is the story of a Florida mother of 2 young daughters.  Kelle started her blog when her oldest daughter was born as a way to celebrate life.  Her blog gained in popularity after the birth of her second daughter, Nella.  This was the first post I read and I was hooked.  The story itself struck a cord as I read it just days after my own son was born.  I wondered how I would have reacted if I had been surprised with a baby with Down's Syndrome at birth.  I have been astonished at how honest Kelle is on her blog and how much of her life she shares through what she writes and in the pictures she posts.

As a result I have been compelled to read her postings religiously.  And I am not alone, Kelle has over 7000 followers and it is not uncommon for there to be hundreds of comments on her posts.   Until now I have only read the postings and have not really looked at the comments.  However, starting this portfolio I am now curious as to why so many people follow her blog and why so many people post comments.  I am hoping to get a glimpse into the answer to these questions through the comments that are posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment